Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lunar Lullabies

Whisk me away, take me to that magical place you always speak of. I hope that doesn't sound like an order, I'm just so ecstatic. Its enchanting to me, how the seasons change the colors of the leaves. The angels walk around, but they don't make a peep. Its intriguing to me, how these lunar lullabies lull me to sleep. I doze off gently, while the breeze mildly rustles the outworn leaves. While the melody trails on, dragging its feet in my empty head, well, its empty now.. 


I felt the fur, there was an embrace to this, the cold wind sent forth shivers to my spine, which had the strength of wet cardboard when it came to such brave adventures and stormy retreats. I left it there, I left the body lying because I couldn't receive any more chances with this. I can't take it. This is too much, yet not enough. Give me the peanut butter-jelly sandwich on the counter-tops too tall for my wrinkled hands to reach. I'm only five in your world. That's what I've always been. Let me go. Don't force it, I'll do what I please in this dog-eat-dog world. But that's what its always been. A dog-eat-dog world.


You baby us this whole way, like the pelican carrying me in the silk blanket, I'm just a delivery, not a mission of slight importance to you. And yet, when you send us out into such a harsh environment, its as if I know of nothing, I've lost the little control I had. But just for right now, can we forget? Sing me to slumber. Sing me the lunar lullabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment